At the end of a typical day, how often does the question, “How was your day?” lead to some inadvertent complaining?
Our daily lives are filled with conversations, which form the bedrocks of most relationships. So having more positively framed conversations, creates a more positive atmosphere, and more upbeat and positive relationships.
To get positively framed conversations we need to start them with positively framed questions. (I call them happier questions). See what happens if you replace the traditionally neutral “How is X?” or “How was Y?” with one of these:
- What was the nicest thing you did today?
- What made you laugh today?
- If you could do any part of today over again, what would it be?
- What was the best part of your day?
- What did you learn today?
- What specific part of today do you most want to remember a year from now?
- When did you feel appreciated today?
- Did you take any photos today? What did you photograph?
- How can I make your day easier in 5 minutes?
- If we traded places tomorrow what advice would you give me for the day?
- Which of your strengths were you able to use today?
- What moment did you feel the most alive today?
- Did you hear anything interesting today?
- What’s the first thing that comes to mind when I ask what beauty did you witness today?
- What are you most grateful for?
- What was the happiest moment in your day?
If you’ve got other happy questions, share them on the facebook group and let our community grow together.
A Good Way To Think is a happiness growing community using practical exercises and proven methods like this Happy Idea to empower you and your world live even happier. Passing on this little “Hi” is a great way to share our mission of making the world an even happier place, one thought at a time — thanks for being a part of the community!